Surgical oncology is the field of cancer care that focuses on surgery to diagnose, stage and treat cancer, and to manage some cancer-related symptoms. Surgical Oncology department at DPU Hospital is committed to provide comprehensive and quality Oncology care under one roof. Our Vision is to provide state of the art onco surgical services, provide a multidisciplinary approach to treatment of malignancies & to train surgeons in all aspects on cancer care.
Advocate for the cancer patient through integrity and ethical conduct.
Foster quality through improved understanding of cancer biology, compassionate communication and optimizing outcomes across the continuum of cancer care.
- Lifelong Learning:
Provide ongoing education in multidisciplinary cancer care.
Provide leadership to the public and health professionals on the importance of surgery in multidisciplinary cancer care and to develop the discipline and its providers for the future.
Committed to innovation and fostering better patient care.
- All biopsies and minor procedures done in the OPD
- Complete ENT evaluation including Hopkins examination
- Upper and lower gastro-intestinal endoscopy available
In Patient Services
- Separate male and female oncology wards
- Facility for day care chemotherapy
- State of the art ICU and critical care service for managing post-operative care
- Breast clinic
- Stoma care clinic
- Multi-disciplinary tumor board
- Thyroid /Sarcoma Clinic
- Psychological Counselling
- Pain Clinic
- All types of breast surgery including Oncoplasty and reconstruction
- All major and minor head and neck resections and reconstructions
- All thoracic surgeries including minimally invasive surgery for Carcinoma Esophagus and bronchogenic carcinoma.
All major gastro-intestinal resections including
- Laparoscopic anterior resection
- Laparoscopic abdomino-perineal resection
- Laparoscopic gastrectomy
- Hepatic resections
- Pancreatic resections
(All surgeries for malignancies of kidneys, urinary bladder, adrenal and penis surgeries for bone and soft tissue tumours)
Dr. Samir Gupta
Prof & HOD
MBBS, MS, Training in Oncosurgery
Dr. Pankaj Kshirsagar
MBBS, MS, Mch
Dr. Sanket S. Bankar
MBBS, MS, DNB, Mch