Nephrology is a medical super-specialty dedicated to deal with diagnosis and treatment of kidney disorders.
At DPU Hospital, we have a state-of-the-art Department of Nephrology, well equipped with latest technology and advanced machinery for Dialysis, Renal Transplant and treatment of all kidney related disorders. Patients can be benefitted with government schemes like MJPJAY, CGHS, ECHS, and various insurance schemes. At DPU Hospital we have all the facilities required for comprehensive nephrological care under one roof.
- Paediatric Nephrology: Every Monday we have dedicated OPD for Paediatric Nephrology. Various nephrological disorders in Paediatrics including Paediatric renal transplant are done on a regular basis in our department.
- Clinical Nephrology: Clinical diagnosis of a disease remains the main stay in every branch. Department of Nephrology is no exceptions to this. Special attention is given by the means of dedicated Clinical Nephrology OPD every week.
- Renal Transplant: Regular Kidney Transplants are being carried out in our department including Live Related Donor/ Decease Donor, Paediatric Transplant. Till date 98 renal transplants have been done.
- Dialysis (HD & CAPD): We have 24 hours dialysis facility available including HD and CAPD. Total 27 HD machines including separate machines for Hep B, Hep C, COVID patients and Portable RO water facility are available. CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) facility is also provided for critical patients, by critical care medicine department, technical support by Nephrology.
Modern treatment/ technology/ infrastructure available
- Renal Transplant
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
- Plasma Exchange
- Prolonged Intermittent Renal Replacement Therapy (PIRRT)
- Hemodiafiltration (HDF)
- Hemodialysis machines – 27
- Hepatitis B – 03
- Hepatitis C – 02
- COVID – 03
- Microscope – self-illuminating
- Demonstration room
- Seminar Room
- Departmental library
- Audio visual aids
- Side Lab
- Wards: 20 Bedded Male Ward, 15 Bedded Female Ward, Medical ICU & Kidney Transplant ICU
- Hemodialysis – Emergency and maintenance
- Slow intermittent Hemodialysis modalities – (SLED)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Percataneous Peritoneal Catheter Insertion
- USG – Guided Renal Biopsy
- HD Catheter insertion
- Tunnelled Permanent Catheter insertion
- CAPD catheter insertion
- Renal Transplant: Live Related, Cadaveric, Paediatric