Nephrology is a medical super-speciality dedicated to dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of kidney disorders.
At Dr. D. Y. Patil Private Super Specialty Hospital, Pimpri, Pune we have a state-of-the-art Department of Nephrology, well equipped with the latest technology and advanced machinery for Dialysis, Renal Transplant and treatment of all kidney-related disorders. Patients can be benefitted from government schemes like MJPJAY, CGHS, ECHS, and various insurance schemes. At Dr. D. Y. Patil Private Super Specialty Hospital, Pimpri, Pune we have all the facilities required for comprehensive nephrological care under one roof.
Scope Of Services
- Clinical Nephrology: Clinical diagnosis of a disease remains the main stay in every branch. Department of Nephrology is no exceptions to this. Special attention is given by the means of dedicated Clinical Nephrology OPD every week.
- Renal Transplant: Regular Kidney Transplants are being carried out in our department including Live Related Donor/ Decease Donor, Paediatric Transplant. Till date 98 renal transplants have been done.
- Dialysis (HD & CAPD): We have 24 hours dialysis facility available including HD and CAPD. Total 27 HD machines including separate machines for Hep B, Hep C, COVID patients and Portable RO water facility are available. CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) facility is also provided for critical patients, by critical care medicine department, technical support by Nephrology.
- Paediatric Nephrology: Every Monday we have dedicated OPD for Paediatric Nephrology. Various nephrological disorders in Paediatrics including Paediatric renal transplant are done on a regular basis in our department.
- Renal Transplant
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
- Plasma Apheresis
- Prolonged Intermittent Renal Replacement Therapy (PIRRT)
- Hemodiafiltration (HDF)
- Audio Visual Aids
- Side Lab
- Wards: 20 Bedded Male Ward, 10 Bedded Female Ward, Medical ICU & Kidney Transplant ICU
- Percataneous Peritoneal Catheter Insertion
- USG – Guided Renal Biopsy
- HD Catheter Insertion
- Tunnelled Permanent Catheter Insertion
- CAPD Catheter Insertion
- Renal Transplant: Live Related, Cadaveric, Paediatric
Dr. Tushar Anil Dighe
Prof & HOD
MBBS, MD, DM
Dr. Atul D. Sajgure
MBBS, MD, DM (Paediatric Nephrology)
Dr. Charan Bale
MBBS, MD, DM (Clinical Nephrology)
Dr. Pavan S. Wakhare
MBBS, MD, DM (Transplantation)
Dr. Nilesh Shinde
MBBS MD, DM (Intervention Nephrology)
Dr. Vivek Biradar
Consultant Nephrologist & Transplant Physician
MBBS DNB Medicine (Mumbai)
DrNB Nephrology (MPUH Nadiad, Gujrat)