Interventional Radiology covers minimally invasive, image guided procedures for the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of wide spectrum of diseases affecting various parts of human body.
These Procedures are performed using real-time imaging techniques including X-rays and ultrasound to guide the operator.
IR is a quicker and safer alternative to many types of traditional surgical procedures. This results in better outcomes for patients and shorter stays in hospital. Many IR procedures are life-saving or life-altering.
USG/CT guided procedures
- FNAC, Biopsy.
- Drainage, Pigtail for fluid collection.
- Percutaneous nephrostomy.
- Radiofrequency ablation for tumor.
- Laser ablation for varicose veins.
Peripheral Vascular Procedures
- Diagnostic angiography
- Percutaneous transhepatic Biliary Drainage(PTBD), and Biliary stenting
- Embolization in acute chronic haemorrhage e.g. Bronchial Artery embolization
- Angioplasty & stenting for various arterial diseases.
- Embolization in peripheral AVM.
- IVC filter.
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt.
- Preoperative embolization for tumors.
Neuro Intervention Procedures
- Diagnostic angiography-Brain & Spine.
- Aneurysm treatment.
- Maxillofacial vascular malformation treatment.
- Embolization for brain & Spine AVM/AVF.
- Pre-operative tumor Embolization – JNAF.
- Angioplasty & stenting for Carotid artery Stenosis
Modern Treatments Available or Technology / Infrastructure available
- Angiography Suite
- Pre and Post procedure Recovery area
- Words (Male And Female Interventional Radiology)
- USG room
- ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
- Seminar Room
Dr. Pratiksha Yadav
Prof & HOD
Dr. Rahul R. Arkar
MBBS, DMRD, DNB, Fello(Interventional Neuroradiology)
Dr. Vishal N. Bakare
MBBS, MD, DNB, Fellow (Interventional Radiology)