Emergency Medicine department aims to provide time sensitive treatment and services to all medical, surgical and trauma patients including Paediatrics.
The 40 bedded state of the art department which includes fully equipped 6 beds of triage & 6 beds of Level III-A ICU serves all patients in a timely oriented manner. 24x7 availability of clinic-patho-radiological services which helps in early assessment and treatment of patients.
The department doctors and nursing staff are trained in BLS and ACLS with all doctors further trained in ATLS helps in achieving the concept of golden period treatment for all trauma, heart attack and stroke patients.
Judicious use of point of care services with early expert consult in respective areas including ICU’s helps in giving proper care to the pool of patients in ER 24x7.
The Emergency Medicine department specializes in resuscitation, ventilator management and life saving interventions.
Modern Treatments Available 24x7 are
- Level III ICU monitors including ETCO2 monitoring.
- Point of care Ultrasound with 2D-ECHO screening.
- Defibrillator with pacing services for heart blocks and arrhythmias.
- Invasive and Non-Invasive Ventilators including High flow nasal Oxygenation (HFNO) services.
- Bed side cardiac enzymes monitoring for cardiac emergencies.
- Arterial blood Gas analyser for lungs and renal metabolic status
- Portable X-Ray Machine
- Close proximity to radiology for emergency CT scan and MRI
Major OT. Minor OT and Plaster Room are available 24x7
Dr. Varsha Shinde
Prof & HOD
MBBS, MD, FACEE