The General Medicine department aims to provide comprehensive and patient centric services to all Medicine related patients including conducting Speciality OPD and General OPD/IPD services.
The goal of the department is to train students to become doctors who have an astute clinical sense, requisite latest medical knowledge and good clinical skills to serve the medical needs of our society and overall to develop a humane, sympathetic caring attitude and be a fit leader of the medical team.
General Medicine looks after the 14 bedded Hi-Tech ICU equipped with Cardiac Monitors and latest equipment and ventilators. General Medicine wards have 240 beds with Central O2 and functioning in full capacity looked after by well qualified and Experienced Nursing staff with MD Residents under close observation and guidance of Eminent Professors and Experienced Physicians 24/7.
In Speciality OPD we have Geriatric Clinic, Rheumatology Clinic, Gastroenterology Clinic, Diabetes Clinic, Cardiovascular Clinic, Hematology Clinic, Neurology Clinic, Endocrinology, Onchology, Hypertension Clinic, Nephrology and G.I. Endoscopy which is carried out by senior faculties on a regular basis.
The General Medicine department specializes in Postgraduate training and patient care.
Modern Treatments Available 24x7 are
- State of the art multipara ICU monitors
- Bedside 2D-ECHO and Ultrasound.
- Facility for ICU bedside Haemodialysis
- Defibrillator with pacing services for heart blocks and arrhythmias.
- Invasive, Non-Invasive and portable Ventilators.
- State of the art COVID ICU facility.
- Bedside cardiac enzymes monitoring for cardiac emergencies.
- Arterial blood Gas analyser for lungs and renal metabolic status
- Portable X-Ray Machine
- Rheumatherapy - OPD basis intra-articular steroid injections
Dr. Shubhangi A. Kanitkar
Prof & HOD
MBBS, MD, Diploma in Geriatric Medicine
Dr. V. S. Gokhale
Dr. Govind S. Shiddapur
MBBS, MD, DNB
Dr. Vikram B. Vikhe
MBBS, MD, Fellowship in Rheumatology
Dr. Pradnya Diggikar
MBBS, MD, Diploma in Geriatric Medicine, PGDGM(PG Certificate in Rheumatology)
Dr. Madhulika Mahashabde
Dr. Bhumika Vaishnav
Dr. Manasi Harale