The Centre for Liver and Digestive Diseases at Dr. D. Y. Patil Private Super Specialty Hospital, Pimpri, Pune is a state-of-the-art facility equipped with cutting-edge technology for the management of Liver, Pancreato-Biliary & Gastro-Intestinal diseases. It is an advanced facility to provide complex surgeries for the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract, biliary tract, pancreas and liver. It excels in providing minimal invasive/laparoscopic solutions for complex gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary diseases including cancers. Our aim is to provide value-added, innovative, consistent, and continuously improving health and medical care to sustain and further improve clinical outcomes, patient safety, & patient satisfaction. Our vision is to evolve as a benchmark in quality healthcare available to one and all. Our mission is to ensure accessible and affordable quality healthcare by compassionate medical professionals to all.
Scope Of Services
- Upper Gastrointestinal Tract Surgery
Laparoscopic surgery for hiatus hernia, reflux disease and achalasia cardia are attracting patients from India and abroad. We offer laparoscopic gastrectomy and thoracoscopic esophagectomy for cancers.
- Hepatobiliary and Pancreas Surgery
The liver clinic provides patients with a one-stop solution for liver and pancreatic diseases. Diseases such as Gall stones, Common bile duct stones, obstructive jaundice, acute pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis, portal hypertension and liver cancers, gall bladder, biliary tract and pancreas are treated comprehensively per international standards and guidelines. The department excels in providing comprehensive care for acute and chronic pancreatitis patients. We provided comprehensive care for patients with bile duct injury and benign biliary strictures.
- Colorectal Surgery
Colorectal malignancy is on the rise in the Indian population, and prompt treatment is necessary to provide patients with the best chance to combat this condition. At Dr. D. Y. Patil Private Super Specialty Hospital, Pimpri, Pune we have a dedicated team of surgeons, gastroenterologists, oncologists (medical and radiation) and stoma nurses, our department ensures patients are provided the best possible treatment. Laparoscopic colorectal surgery is usually the treatment of choice ensuring complete oncological clearance coupled with faster recovery and reduced postoperative complications. Another domain of our competency is restorative procto-colectomy for ulcerative colitis.
- Hernia Clinic
Our surgeons can correct hernia defects laparoscopically using intra-peritoneal, and extra peritoneal approaches or open surgery using tension-free repair.
- Surgery for Portal Hypertension
Our department excels in performing high-end surgeries such as proximal splenorenal shunt, mesocaval shunt and devascularization procedures for portal hypertension.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
We have one of the country's most advanced laparoscopic surgery programs. Most of the diseases of the gastrointestinal system are operated laparoscopically. This ensures faster recovery, less blood loss, minimal scar and decreased complications.
- Hepatectomy for Liver Cancer, Colorectal Metastasis and Cholangiocarcinoma
- Extended Cholecystectomy for Carcinoma of Gallbladder
- Surgical Treatment for Hydatid Disease
- Surgery for Acute Pancreatitis, Chronic Pancreatitis
- Distal Pancreatectomy
- Whipple’s Procedure for Carcinoma of Head of Pancreas and Periampullary Cancer
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- CBD Exploration
- Excision of Choledochal Cyst
- Management of Post Cholecystectomy Biliary Injuries
- Surgical Treatment for Portal Hypertension like Shunt and Devascularization
Gastrointestinal Oncosurgery Clinic
- Surgery for Cancer of the Esophagus including 2 and 3-field esophagectomy
- Surgery for cancer of the Stomach - D2 Radical Gastrectomy
- Surgery for periampullary and pancreatic cancer – Whipple’s pancreaticoduodenectomy, pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy, distal pancreatectomy
- Surgery for colorectal cancer - such as Radical right hemicolectomy, left hemicolectomy, sigmoid colectomy, anterior and low anterior resection, abdominoperineal resection
- Surgery for liver cancer, gall bladder cancer- such as right or left hepatectomy, extended cholecystectomy, segmental liver resection
- The aim of this clinic is to care for patients with temporary or permanent ostomy done for various reasons, to educate them about the care of stoma, handling of stoma appliances, lifestyle modifications.
Dr. Mahesh Thombare
Prof & HOD
MBBS, MS, Mch (Gastroenterology)
Dr. Nikhil J. Jillawar
MBBS, MS, Mch (Gastroenterology), Fellow
Dr. Vidhyachandra V. Gandhi
MBBS, DNB (Surgery), DNB (Surg.Gastro)
Dr. Aditya A. Kulkarni
MBBS, MS, DNB, Mch, MNAMS, FMAS, FIAGES, FRCS (Edinburgh), Fellowship in Robotic Oncosurgery