The Centre for Liver and Digestive Diseases at DPU Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility equipped with cutting-edge technology for the management of Liver, Pancreato-Biliary & Gastro-Intestinal diseases. It is an advanced facility to provide complex surgeries for the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract, biliary tract, pancreas and liver. It excels in providing minimal invasive/laparoscopic solutions for complex gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary diseases including cancers.Our aim is to provide value-added, innovative, consistent, and continuously improving health and medical care to sustain and further improve clinical outcomes, patient safety, & patient satisfaction. Our vision is to evolve as a benchmark in quality healthcare available to one and all.Our mission is to ensure accessible and affordable quality healthcare by compassionate medical professionals to all.
- Upper Gastrointestinal
Laparoscopic surgery for hiatus hernia, reflux disease and achalasia cardia is attracting patients from India and abroad. We offer laparoscopic gastrectomy and thoracoscopic esophagectomy for cancers.
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic
Liver clinic provides patients a one stop solution for chronic liver diseases and liver cancers. Diseases and cancers of liver, gall bladder, biliary tract and pancreas are treated comprehensively as per international standards and guidelines. Department excels in providing comprehensive care for acute and chronic pancreatitis patients.
- Colorectal Surgery
Colorectal malignancy is on the rise in the Indian population, and prompt treatment is necessary to provide patients the best chance to combat this condition. At DPU Hospital & Research Centre we have a dedicated team of surgeons, gastroenterologists, oncologists (medical and radiation) and stoma nurses, our department ensures patients are provided the best possible treatment. Laparoscopic colorectal surgery is usually the treatment of choice ensuring complete oncological clearance coupled with faster recovery and reduced postoperative complications.
- Hernia Clinic
Our surgeons can correct hernia defects laparoscopically using extraperitoneal approach or open surgery using tension free repair.
- Surgery for Portal Hypertension
Our department excels in performing high end surgeries such as proximal splenorenal shunt, mesocaval shunt and devascularization procedures for portal hypertension.
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
We have one of the most advanced laparoscopic surgery programmes in the country. Most of the diseases of the gastrointestinal system are operated laparoscopically. This ensures faster recovery, less blood loss, minimal scar and decreased complications.
- All GI related surgery
- Inpatient for Male , Female patients (10 beds each)
- ICU & CCU
- Specialty Clinics including screening for GI diseases.
- Hepatectomy for Liver Cancer, Colorectal + Cholangiocarcinoma Metastasis
- Extended Cholecystectomy for Carcinoma of Gallbladder
- Surgical Treatment for Hydatid Disease, Liver Abscess
- Surgery for Acute Pancreatitis, Chronic Pancreatitis
- Distal Pancreatomy
- Whipple’s Procedure for Carcinoma of Head of Pancreas and Periampullary Cancer
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- CBD Exploration
- Excision of Choledecal Cyst
- Management of Post Cholecystectomy Biliary Injuries
- Surgical Treatment for Portal Hypertension like Shunt and Devascularization
Colo Proctology/ Colorectal
- Surgical Management of Carcinoma Rectum and Carcinoma Colon/ Diverticulitis/ Rectal Prolapse
Prevention and Cancer screening
Upper GI Surgery
- Surgery for Cancer Esophagus
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- D2 Radical Gastrorectomy for Carcinoma Stomach
- We treat all Hernias including Inguinal, Umbilical, Incisional
Follow up after Surgery
- Transplant Services for Organ Retrieval and Transplant of Liver and Pancreas
Dr. Mahesh Thombare
Prof & HOD
MBBS, MS, Mch (Gastroenterology)
Dr. Nikhil J. Jillawar
MBBS, MS, Mch (Gastroenterology), Fellow
Dr. Vidhyachandra V. Gandhi
MBBS, DNB (Surgery), DNB (Surg.Gastro)
Dr. Aditya A. Kulkarni
MBBS, MS, DNB, Mch, MNAMS, FMAS, FIAGES, FRCS (Edinburgh), Fellowship in Robotic Oncosurgery